Australian Amateur Radio Station
|24 GHz EME
|EQUIPMENT ON 24 GHz EME
• 2.4 m Solid dish (Andrews)
• 11.5 W Kuhne SSPA (10 W at feed) short WR42 flexible W/G to
W/G Switch (~0.5dB loss)
• Feed: Super VE4MA choke flange with Circular to rectangular
• W/G switch: “EVENTS HORIZON”
• LNA @ feed
Kuhne 1.5dB NF 27 db gain + DB6NT design (homebrew) NF= Max
2.0dB Gain = 11.5dB
Total gain is 38.5dB in “feed box”
• LMR240 with Radiall 18GHz connectors for short run on Tx
and Rx from “feed box” to transverter
• Transverter = Thales 26 GHz units running 1296 MHz IF. Then
2nd down-conversion to 144MHz IF.
• Kuhne 24 GHz W/G filters on Rx and Tx ports of Thales unit.
(Absolutely necessary due to very poor image rejection ~4dB only
with 1296 MHz IF)
• Best Moon noise measured at 2.2dB
At low path loss and low levels of libration my echoes are audible.
|STATIONS WORKED ON 24 GHz EME
|24GHz EME AUDIO recordings:
|My echoes as received at low loss and low "spread" in October 2014.
Not very strong but they are there!